Greetings SBYSL Families
The SBYSL Board has made the decision to move forward with our Fall 2020 Outdoor Soccer Season. *Although we plan to play, we are aware the COVID-19 guidelines change on a daily basis and we will abide by Local and State recommendations.
The season will start on Saturday, Oct 3rd and end on Nov 7th. All games will be played on Saturdays. Unfortunately, we are only opening this season to ages 6 and up (birth years 2003-2014). All games will be played at the fields in Latrobe Park. Registration for this season is $35. There will be no uniforms. Your registration fee will cover permit costs and insurance. We have a short window for registration, so please register your child ASAP. Registration will close on Sept 30th.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO READ BEFORE REGISTERING YOUR CHILD:
SBYSL will be following appropriate COVID-19 health and safety guidelines provided to us from Baltimore City Recs and Parks, Maryland State Youth Soccer Association and the CDC. Please note, safety guidelines are subject to change as the season begins.
- We will provide training for our coaches, assistant coaches, referees and volunteers
- We will provide hand sanitation stations at the fields
- We will have one volunteer in charge of contact tracing data
- We will provide more volunteers at the fields to properly direct players, coaches & spectators
- We will keep the health and safety of our players and volunteers a priority
- Participation in any group activities is only allowed if you have had no signs or symptoms of Covid-19, no signs/symptoms that may have been Covid-19, have not been exposed to someone who has had signs or symptoms of Covid-19 for a minimum period of 14 days before participation
- If you are sick or feel sick, STAY HOME
- At risk individuals, youth or adult, STAY HOME (if you are unsure if you are considered at risk, please consult your medical provider directly)
- Anyone who self reports a temperature of 100 or more should be sent home and not allowed to participate for a minimum of 14 days
- No centralized hydration or refreshment stations
- Maintain social distancing guidelines of 6 feet
- Baltimore City recommends all players should wear masks. This means our players will be wearing masks while playing and when sitting on the sidelines. Players are responsible for bringing their own mask.
- Our players will be subject to a temperature check before each game and practice
- Wash hands before and after games.
- Bring own hand sanitizer
- Players will have designated spots at the fields to sit their equipment (bags, water bottles, soccer balls.
- Players WILL NOT share their personal equipment with other players (bags, gloves, uniforms, water bottles, towels, soccer balls, shin guards, cleats)
- Players will be socially distant when waiting on the sidelines.
- There will be no “High Fives” or embracing as celebrations
- Players should not linger before or after scheduled games.
Coach/Assistant Coach Information:
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches are required to participate in training before season starts
- Coaches and Assistant Coaches are required to wear masks on the sideline. Coaches and Assistant Coaches are responsible for bringing their own masks.
- Wash hands before and after games
- Each team will be limited to 2 adult volunteers for Coach/Assistant Coach
- No team huddles or arm around players
- Inquire how the athletes are feeling. Send home anyone you believe acts or looks ill.
- Have fun, stay positive – players and parents are looking to you for leadership.
- Baltimore City Recs and Parks allows 2 spectators per youth participant
- SBYSL has a plan (if approved) where parents/spectators will need to stay at least 10 feet away from the playing field. This means outside the fencing at Banner (turf) Field and at an area assigned by SBYSL for the grass fields.
- Will be required to wear a mask. Parents/Spectators are responsible for bringing their own masks.
- Will be required to maintain social distancing
- Please let coaches know if your child has been ill or feels ill or may have come in contact with someone with COVID.
- If you are not comfortable with returning to play, DON’T. You are the only one who will make the decision when your child returns to play
- Consider not carpooling or very limited carpooling.
- Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every game
Please take this virus seriously. If your child has any underlying health issues, it is recommended they skip this season. SBYSL will be here next year! Talk with your child about the risks.
Parents will need to sign 2 waivers, one for Baltimore City Recs and Parks and one for SBYSL.
If you read and understand the requirements for this season, then please go to the link below and register. Registration link is also on our website, sbysl.com
Here's the link: https://stonealley.com/program/SouthBaltimore/group/YouthSoccer
Looking forward to seeing you this season (or next year)
On Behalf of the SBYSL Board